For Immediate Release
September 22, 2022
HIghland, MD – St. Mark’s Vestry voted unanimously to move forward with a capital campaign to meet their short and long-term needs. The goal of the campaign is to raise $5 million to replace the 70-year-old Parish Hall and provide a one-story church with state of the art classrooms, commercial kitchen, and office space in one location. A three-week Readiness Assessment was conducted giving parishioners an opportunity to hear the vision for St. Mark’s and provide leadership with their thoughts. Over 55% of the Parish membership attended one of the eleven focus group sessions.
Founded in 1872, St. Mark’s held its first church service in 1874 at the corner of Hall Shop Road and 216. For 150 years, St. Mark’s has continued to make an impact in Howard County. With outreach programs like Dream Builders, Grassroots, Church of the Guardian Angel, Seafarers, and St. Mark’s Stitchers, their commitment to the community is strong. If there is a term that fits St. Mark’s, it would be small, but mighty. “This small parish is filled with strong Christian growing in faith and sharing the love of Christ in their community.” said, Mel Kalagian, Sr. Campaign Consultant with James D. Klote & Associates. James D. Klote & Associates is honored to partner with the St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on the next chapter in the life of the Parish in Howard County.
James D. Klote & Associates, is providing full time resident service. With offices in Falls Church, Virginia; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; and Toronto, Ontario, James D. Klote & Associates is the largest full-time, on-site stewardship consulting firm in North America. For additional information, please contact the firm at www.jdklote.com or (703) 532-7633.