Perspectives – November 2010
Is Your Church in Debt?
The number of congregations around the United States with significant debt is growing every day. To say it is reaching epidemic proportions is not an overstatement. Years ago, most prospective clients called regarding the need to raise funds for new construction, renovation and property acquisition. Today, most calls discuss the need to reduce debt. The reasons they are in debt are many. Some have used a line of credit to pay for deferred maintenance issues; some have construction loans; others purchased property for future expansion that is now on hold.
There are two paths that church leaders should consider:
- Focus more attention on the Annual Campaign
- Educate your congregation about the debt and conduct a focused and intense Capital Campaign
Please visit our website www.jdklote.com to receive a complimentary copy of Jim Klote’s book “Stewardship: The Proven Path” and learn how James D. Klote & Associates, the largest full-time, on-site campaign consulting firm in the country can help you maximize your fundraising potential.
Klote & Associates Ranked #1 Out of the 25 Largest Church Capital Compaign Companies
A recent study of over 1,000 churches across the United States who had recently completed capital campaigns revealed that seemingly subtle differences in the ways various churches approached their campaigns yielded startling and significantly different campaign results. The study conducted in June-July, 2010 by Volkart May & Associates, a Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota-based marketing and market research firm, set out to discover:
- Does professional counsel make a difference and, if so, is there a difference in results between firms that take a more advisory versus assistance oriented approach?
- Does how you reach out to people and ask for gifts make a difference in results?
- Which firm or approaches consistently get the best results?
Our Clients Raise an Average of 5 times Annual Giving
The Difference Between Full-time and Part-time Consulting
103 Park Washington Court
Falls Church, Virginia 22046
Toll Free: (800) 360-2315
1750 East Main Street, Suite 190
St. Charles, Illinois 60174
Toll Free: (888) 360-2315